Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Three Thank Yous

I think, besides Happy Birthday cards, thank you cards are a staple of card making!!  I pulled out the super fun and classic Simon Says Stamp On Edge Thank You die, and combined it with some pretty patterned paper,  to make a trio of die cut thank you cards...
I used some floral patterned paper that I purchased at ACMoore and die cut the sentiment from each standard sized card panel...
 ...then cut away the die cut "remains", and this is what you're left with...
 I DID find that masking the sentiment to make it a "STAND OUT" color was really hard, unless the color was a dark brown.  I tried to color with white ink, then coat with a different colored ink, the only thing that happened was that the colored ink turned white!!!  I decided, then, to use craft paint, masking the sentiment and with a paint brush, painted the sentiment instead of inking it a different color.  I DID layer each of the sentiments 3 layers thick and used pop up dots for the panels to give depth and interest to an otherwise very simple card.  Here's a pic of all my die cut sentiments before I cut them apart and adhered them together...

Here are pics of each of the three cards...





Kind  of cool how you can make cards that look so different with the same die and same paper!!  SUCH FUN!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. These cards look great and love the 3 variations. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards and the different cuts. That dainty printed DSP is beautiful. Thanks for the tips on how you got the different colored sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just discovered your blog....love love love your cards. I love your designs...plain simple neat!!! just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful Lisa, I have this die and never thought to use it like this with such pretty paper.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa