Sunday, July 3, 2016

These Little Piggies...

I have two pig lovers in my life!  One is my son's best friend, and I needed a birthday card for him.  My daugher is the other lover of pigs, and she just purchased her first house and needs just about everything, so I got her a few things for her house and needed a card to go with her house gifts.   I  used the Hog Heaven stamp and die set from My Favorite Things to make both cards, these piggies are adorable!!    The first the birthday card...
These stamps are right up my alley...they are absolutely adorable as stand alones with one of the cute sentiments from the set...just the kind of thing I love!!  I stamped, die cut, colored and layered the pig.  I stamped the sentiment and used one of the Oval Shadows from My Favorite Things for the pig to stand on.  I used gray stamped paper, and stitched around the smaller panel, then around another piece that I matched up to the top paneled stripes.  Here's a close up...
I also used a glitter pen to give the cupcake a little sparkle and dotted the cherry with glossy accents...

The second one, I stamped and die cut the little fence from Woodgrain paper, then colored with markers.  I added my layered pig, and flower, and with another cute sentiment...thought it perfect for my daughter...
 I used a piece of bazzill paper to adhere my pig to...just some added texture instead plain yardstick or  extra color from patterned paper, I stitched around the bazzill paper, like the first.  Here are a couple close ups...
 I like having used the woodgrain paper...
I had great fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa



2 comments:

  1. Your cards are adorable! I've just bought this set myself and can't wait to get crafting with these little cuties, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Card! The cardstock you used for the pig looks very thick. Is it Simon Says Stamps Brand?

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa