Saturday, July 2, 2016

Stars and Stripes Happy Birthday

I got the Inside and Out Stitched Star die set from My Favorite Things and HAD to make a card...
I die cut the stars onto a piece of striped paper, stamped a sentiment from Papertrey Ink, lined the panel with black underneath, and die cut 3 sized smaller stars to fit into the die cuts from paint chips.   I added a Pretty Pink Posh striped border, then made two gray strips with the same die to put on top and bottom of the striped panel.  I popped the whole panel up on a white card.  What I think is so cool about these stars...they have the stitched outside and a cool outline inside on each star.  Here's a close up...
 ...and another close up...
Super fun!!   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Great card. I love that you used paintchips for the yellow stars and how you put a layer of black CS underneath to give them some definition. Very masculine and I always need ideas for those, especially the men, who aren't into fishing, hunting, or athletics. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. This would be beautiful in red, white and blue!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa