Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Framed Happy Birthday

I had some leftover MFT flowers sitting on my desk and knew I HAD to make a card with them.  Only thing is...how to use them on a card?  I went through my files of various sketches and found a Papertrey Ink sketch from a couple years ago and made this...
Here's the sketch...
I thought this would be cool...only thing is...I didn't have any small frames that could fit all together on a card like this.  Then I had a thought:)!...I DID have some stitched rectangle dies (Simon Says Stamp) , that I could not only make into frames, but that I could die cut smaller, by partial cutting...so here's what I did..
I taped the two smallest ones together with washi tape (yes, my dies are very loved...another way of saying they're very used:)!)...
And my Big Shot and it's plates are very "loved" too...I DO replace the plates, but I DO die cut A LOT:):)!!  First, I put the cardstock under the dies, then move the top plate only partially over the dies (the left pic)...after you run it through, what you have is on the right...
 Then turn the cardstock (the pic on the left), and put the die over the first cut (you DO have to move it into position over the partial die cut to make sure the dies make a perfect second cut...it's kind of  a"feel" thing...move it around until you feel it STICK...the stitches will line up.  Then, put the plate over the dies again (the pic on the right)...
 ...then this is what you get.  The full size die cut is on the top, the modified version in on the bottom...
 I did it again, to show you an even smaller one...
 Here are all three together...
Kind of cool how you can use your dies for lots more creatin'!!  Here's a close up of the frames and flowers..,
Ok...SO...MUCH...FUN!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. That was so cool ! Thanks for the step by step pics. I'll be trying that out today. Your card using the framed flowers is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration. Your cards are always so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa this is beautiful, just the sweetest card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great instructions on partial die cutting. And the card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa