Friday, July 22, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch 182...Thinking of You

I've made a card for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch...here's my card and the sketch below it...

With the image tucked behind the sentiment, I thought of either a tree(turning the sketch upside down), or a leafy vine....I had just gotten the Massa Leaf by Poppy Stamps and combined these pretty leaves with some of my favorite flowers by Simon Says Stamp (Mini Flowers and Leaves).  I had the idea to put my leaves and flowers against some of my woodgrain paper, so I swiped and sponged the paper with Antique Linen Distress ink, and then die cut with a stitched rectangle die to give the image and sentiment more definition.  I made the banner a little shorter than the actual die by die cutting from both sides.   Here's a close up...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

**EDITED**
Thank you so much, ladies, for the recognition of making my card a  FAVORITE this week!!
You made my week, how honored and thrilled I am😊!!



8 comments:

  1. Wow Lisa!!! Your BG looks amazing... just like real wood, I LOVE it!
    Thanks for joining us at CTS !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! The background looks so real and the flower spray is so pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing work! This is a stunning card. It looks so simple but so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the gold embossed background! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa I had never thought to color that wood-grained paper and you've done such a beautiful job of it! Gorgeous little choice of blooms ... really perfection in paper!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Sponging that woodgrain IS a terrific idea, and you never cease to impress me with those SSS Mini flowers & leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Congrats on the CTS Favorites!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa