Thursday, July 28, 2016

Butterfly Hope

I used a couple older Simon Says Stamp dies to make a card today.  I used the Devonshire and Paulina Butterfly dies along with the Clustered Leaves die...
I took a piece of watercolor paper, folded it with my score board, then used a water brush to add some water to one side of the fold.  I dotted the wet side with some drops of ink, then folded the other side to the inked side.  When you open the paper, the ink has bled over to the other side, and both sides of the paper look similar...like a butterfly should.  I covered the colored watercolor paper with the outlined butterfly and attached the butterfly over the leaves.  I added some silver dots to the leaves.  Here's a close up...
The sentiment is from an old, retired set of stamps from Simon...I've added the pic to the stamps below, even though the link will not work.   Ah, hope...what a wonderful thing!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

12 comments:

  1. oh what a wonderful card..
    hope for the world...

    Greetings from Germany...

    ARDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful - this is getting pinned to "cards I love"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the butterfly. Wonderful colour

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very beautiful Lisa! Butterflies and flourishes are a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very beautiful Lisa! Butterflies and flourishes are a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. And, such a clever way of coloring the butterfly. I never would have thought of it. Love, love, love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card, Lisa! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful card. Love your colour scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. What a great idea to do with the watercolor paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card. It is simple but stunning.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa