Friday, July 1, 2016

A Couple Get Well Cards

My daughter needed a masculine get well card for a coworker.  She told me this last night while on her way out with friends, and knowing she wanted to take it with her to work at 7am this morning,  I didn't have a whole lot of time to come up with something.   Despite the lateness of the night,  I came up with a couple different choices...
 I made this one with a piece of patterned paper (Hobby Lobby), cutting out one of the kraft colored chevrons.  I DID adhere the patterned paper to a piece of cardstock for some added support and heft BEFORE I cut out the chevron.   I popped up the chevron pieces on a white card, after stamping a cut up feel better soon sentiment that I positioned to follow the chevrons (it's from an OLD Hero Arts stamp set, Big All Time Greetings  CL350).  

The second one I made after pulling the My Favorite Things Whimsical Wishes stamp set from on3 of my boxes of stamps because of the "Get Well Soon" sentiment in the set.  I decided to stamp the row of circles from the set in metallic colors , so I stamped with versa mark, and bronze (Michaels), gold and silver embossed each row.  It only took a few minutes, and a static bag before each row was stamped (to keep static from getting powder where it wasn't supposed to be!).  I had done  another card somewhat similar to this one(a birthay card) a couple years ago, in rainbow, but loved the metallic look for a guy...
 I stamped the sentiment in black and popped up the stamped panel on a black card...tieing the sentiment and card together.  LOVE the metallics!!...
Even though there wasn't much time...it was great fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. I love the metallic rows of "circles" on the second card. Never thought of doing rainbow metallics and it is such a cool look. Thanks for all the inspiration you share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think of so many original and interesting ways to use stuff. It's always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the chevron one best! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't do well under pressure. You apparently do great. Love the metallic idea and how you made the words in the first one go with the chevron. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never said which one she ended up going with! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two Great Cards! I really enjoy all of your work and I love today's chevrons. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two Great Cards! I really enjoy all of your work and I love today's chevrons. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa