Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A Couple Christmas Cards in July!

I don't know how many of you have cable or get the Hallmark Channel, but this week is the week that Hallmark introduces their Christmas Keepsake ornaments, and Hallmark Christmas movies are on for the whole week!  My family knows...I LOVE Hallmark Christmas movies, and after seeing one the other day, I was in the Christmas mood!!  I made a couple cards using the same striped gray paper (LOVE this paper...from Michael's) and same sentiment with the same layout!  Here's the first...
I layered the Simon Winter Trees die cuts along with the red star.  I also coated the star with glossy accents.  The sentiment is cut from a sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp set, Inside Holdiay Greetings stamp set.  Here's a close up...

The second one, I used the adorable Simon Home for the Holidays stamp set with the coordinating die set, Holidays at Home...this set is a couple years old, but still available...yay!!  I used woodgrain paper for the sled, then covered with distress ink.  I stamped, die cut, then colored the tree and bird, then layered them both.  I used the same sentiment and striped paper...
One thing to note...because the sentiment is really fine, it stamped a bit light, so it was necessary to use my MISTI to stamp the sentiments...they turned out WONDERFULLY using this cool tool...stamped them 3 times for really dark, inky color, and they embossed really glossy because of all the ink, too!!  REALLY COOL!!  I colored with my Prismacolor markers.  Here's a closeup...
I can't wait for the cool of the winter and Christmas...but blueberries are calling my name this week, so winter and Christmas will have to wait...but...such fun!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. love these cards Lisa - think I need some of that paper - looks fantastic in both of your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cards! Simple but perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving both of these! Wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa