Monday, July 25, 2016

A Birthday Flower

I decided to make another card using the Poppy Stamps Massa Leaf Background die I got a couple weeks ago...I love these leaves!!  I combined them with one of my favorite big flower dies, the Penny Black Pinwheel die, and made a birthday card...
I am also loving to put my images/designs into the framed stitched rectangles, these days...I think the rectangles add interest, dimension and texture...just enough  to have a stand alone flower and leaves along with a sentiment look like enough.  No need for patterned paper or textured cardstock, just a stitched rectangle.  The sentiment is Papertrey Ink.  I will tell you, I tried to watercolor then die cut paper for the flower and leaves...but I have to say, the colors of the cardstock were SO MUCH more pretty to me than watercolors...I keep trying, but I just can't find happy with watercolors...paper is it for me!!  Here's a close up...
I LOVE cards that are simple and easy...so... much... fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

15 comments:

  1. Love this card--it is beautiful!! And I was just reminded by seeing this that I bought the pinwheel die a few months ago and haven't used it yet!! Crazy, I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! You pull dies together like no other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So is there a hole behind the popped up rectangle with the flower on it? I love your card and was just wondering how those rectangle inside out die cuts worked. (Like if you embossed with the die, would you still get those stitched lines?). Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beverly! The Stitched Rectangle die cuts the rectangle, AND cuts stitch marks on either side of the rectangular cut. I opted to die cut the white cardstock panel, but added two more die cut rectangles on top of the panel, so, yes there are two sets of stitch marks. You COULD emboss with the die, and still get the stitched lines, but I DO think the stitches are a bit more pronounced by die cutting rather than embossing... hope this makes sense:)!

      Delete
  5. So soft and pretty....a classic 'Lisa' card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so elegant and delicate!! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous card, I just had to stop in and comment! I LOVE that flower with the greenery, and you're right about popping it up on the rectangles. It really makes them stand out. That pink is so pretty! LOVE, love, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your card. It is sooooo pretty and elegant. Good idea on using the rectangles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card. So nice and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been a bit fan of textured card stock, but I'm sold now. I can't believe how much of a difference it makes with a simple die cut flower. This card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How can I make this one in my home?

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa