Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Gingham Sunflowers

I used some new dies from the Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember® release , Whimsical Flowers and their coordinating dies and turned the flower dies into sunflowers...sort of?!...
Well...I was going to put black middles in them, then decided on dark brown...and they kind of remind me of sunflowers ...so sunflowers they are.  I used a really cool die, the new Simon Says Stamp Curved Edge and cut away part of the front of the card.  Exposing the inside, I decided to carry the gingham to the inside of the card.   I used an Inkadinkado Cover the card stamp for the gingham, die cut the flowers after stamping.  I used the gingham to make the inside panel for the card, too...here is a pic of the card open...
I die cut the  leaves and used the stamps from the set to add veins to the leaves, the middle of the flowers is Bazzill Java colored paper...
The yellow paper is from A Muse.  The sentiment is also from Simon Says Stamp from the new STAMPtember® set Thanks...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love rhe colors and the curved cut on the card front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you did on the card front. The sunflowers are keeping summer here a while longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute flowers made with the gingham dp. Love the shaped front!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ! Lovely lay out !
    !neke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever way to use the gingham papers! I love this charming card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I am wowed by the cut u made on the front flap of the card :) too cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stamping your own paper? What a great job. This is so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa