Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #16

I was so impressed with the creative takes by the design team with this week's sketch...I often wish I could break out of the box, more, and see sketches other than literally....I will keep trying, but on that note, this week's sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch and my take on it...
 I used a set by Papertrey Ink Fruit Fusion Apple stamp set...
Die cut the panel, stamped the apple 3 different times and adhered under panel with pop up dots.  I cut the core part of the 3rd apple out of the stamp so that I could easily stamp the seeds by themselves in black(I am not a fan of masking stamps if I don't have to :)!!).  The 3 apples are all individual papers so they could be placed behind the panel more easily...no, they are not all on one piece of paper, lest you think I worked THAT hard!!   Paper pierced next to the sentiment and although very little piercing, will also enter this into Less is More's challenge 108 of paper piercing on your clean and simple card...having fun!!...Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

Edited 3/1:  Oh my goodness...Love CAS(E) this Sketch to the core...thanks for the Favorite vote this week...I am honored and so thrilled...thank you ladies:)!!!...

16 comments:

  1. I love the trio of apples and the touch of paper piercing is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card - the apples are wonderful. I'm with you in that I struggle to interpret sketches other than literally and am constantly in awe of those who CAN think outside the box

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! I love the bold pops of red! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet! Love the little red apples, and the piercing above the sentiment. This just makes me smile. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you framed the apples with the negative die cuts and the paper piercing leading to the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your clever card Lisa and your take on the sketch. I like the piercing leading to the sentiment too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly perfect!! The bright red against all of the white and black, the patterns, the negative dies - fantastic!! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this card. The piercing adds just the right finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy visiting your blog Lisa, as you always come up with fabulous designs and this is no exception.
    Those apples look amazing, a perfect card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card! I love the apple images and the pop of red they bring to the card. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!!!! The apples are fab against the black background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ....and I really thought you had lined them all up perfectly :0)
    Love the bold bright design and clever way to add piercing :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card Lisa, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This shows us that being perfectly literal on a sketch works, well, perfectly, sometimes! Congratulations, Lisa, on the well-deserved Favorite shoutout from CTS for your fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fab card lisa.. love the apples

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa